Very excited to announce we will be having an obedience MINI Fun Match and an AKC Obedience and Rally Trial in conjunction with the National this year!
Your Corso is more than just a pretty face, come and show off the versatility and trainability of our breed.
The MINI Fun Match
- When: Thursday March 6, 2014 following the breed judging.
- Where: Robert’s Center Wilmington, OH
- What: This fun match is an unofficial OB ring set up. Participants will have access to the ring set up as at a trial, but may train in the ring. Legs towards a title cannot be earned, but much can be learned! We will have Beginner Novice, Novice, and Open run throughs.
- Why: This is a relaxed training environment, and is an excellent, economical way to get some ring time. What you do with your ring time is up to you, we can make it as formal or informal as you choose. This is an excellent opportunity to proof your skills before the real trial on Sunday!
- How: Sign up before March 1, 2014 all entries are 5$ per run, sign up on the day, all entries 7$. Pending availability, multiple runs will be permitted at an additional 5$ per run. To sign up e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- When: Sunday March 9, 2014
- Where: Queen City Dog Training Club 12018 Tramway Drive Sharonville, OH 45241 (about 30 min west of Wilmington)
- What: AKC Obedience and Rally Trial. All regular Rally Classes, all Regular Obedience Classes, Beginner Novice, and Grad Classes are offered. CCAA medals for all participants, plaques for High Score Rally and High Score Obedience.
- Why: Legs earned at this trial will count as being earned at a National Specialty for CCAA performance points!
- How: Sign up by filling out and submitting the entry form found here: http://www.qcdtc.org/QCDTCObedRallyMar2014.pdf or contacting QCDTC trial secretary: Mary Stephens 513-385-7583 email@example.com 4521 Newberry Acres Rd Cincinnati, OH 45251
- Any questions (including trophy sponsorship) may be directed to Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link to view the report from the parliamentarian:
At 7:50 am this morning, December 13, 2013, the following was sent to the former President, Vice President and Treasurer from the CCAA attorney:
Ladies and Gentleman:
On Tuesday, December 10, the Directors of the Cane Corso Association of America, Inc. convened an emergency meeting to consider the correspondence recently received from the Treasurer, in which she asserted unilateral control over the Corporation’s monies. She further threatened to tie up the Corporation’s assets until certain demands were agreed to.
In light of the Treasurer’s misappropriation of the Corporation’s funds and the acquiescence of the President and Vice President in her actions and threats, the Directors unanimously determined that it was in the best interest of the Corporation to remove the three individuals from their respective offices pursuant to the Corporation’s Bylaws and Florida law.
The Directors further unanimously determined that it was in the best interests of the Corporation to withdraw its monies from the existing bank account and to open new corporate accounts. The transfer of funds was accomplished on Thursday, December 12.
Accordingly, you are no longer an officer of the Cane Corso Association of America, Inc. Please immediately return any Association property to Archie “Steel” Campbell, Secretary, including without limitation, books, records, accounts, archives, bank statements credit or debit cards, corporate seals, and any other property. If the items are not received byWednesday, December, 18, a report will be made to the American Kennel Club and legal action may be commenced.
Very truly yours,
D. Jay Hyman
The time has come to clear up some more misinformation. Specifically in regards to the lifetime membership of Mr. Ed Hodas. Mr. Hodas’ lifetime membership is not, nor was it ever, in danger of being rescinded at the request of the Board of Directors. Mr. Hodas received a renewal card in the mail from the Treasurer, as did most members. Apparently, there has been some confusion regarding his receipt of the card and the status of his membership. The Board of Directors has no intention of changing Mr. Hodas’ membership status. We believe that this was simply an oversight on the part of the Treasurer. NO Director has requested that Mr. Hodas pay membership dues, nor do we intend to.
Steel Campbell, CCAA Secretary
Shauna DeMoss, CCAA Dir. #1
Derek Matson, CCAA Dir. #3
Ron Hoser, CCAA Dir. #4
Amy Scott, CCAA Dir #5
Zoe DeVita, CCAA Dir. #6
Kathy Cressia, CCAA Dir. #7
John Bucher, CCAA Dir. #8