As you are likely aware, the AKC studbook will, in a short while, no longer be accepting UKC and ICCF registrations. If you are interested in AKC registration we urge you to register your dogs with AKC before July, 2015.
The Cane Corso Association would like to help anyone (both members and non-members) interested in getting their dogs registered. Normal registration is $35. If 300 or more dogs register with the help of CCAA there will be discount available for each individual registration.
The process is not complex and can be completed in a few minutes.
If your dog is already UKC or ICCF registered all you have to do is:
- Fill out the Foundation Stock Services Application
- Provide a photocopy of a three-generation pedigree from either above registry or an export pedigree from an approved foreign registry.
- Provide two 3” x 5” close-up color photographs of the dog in a standing position: one front view; one side view. Please print the dog’s name and registration number on the back of each photograph.
- Please email the above documents to JoAnne Campbell at BlueRidgeCorsos@aol.com
Some of the benefits of AKC registration:
• AKC is the largest, most widely accepted, and comprehensive registry in the US.
• AKC has the best reputation of accuracy.
• AKC offers a wide array of events and titles that are both accepted nationally and internationally:
• Conformation Shows
• CGC Program
• Tracking, etc…
• AKC can issue FCI accepted export pedigrees for foreign countries.
• AKC is a not-for-profit organization and annually allocates close to 30million dollars to the following:
• Kennel Inspections
• AKC Canine Health Foundation
• Canine Search-and-Rescue
• Public Education
• Government Relations
• DNA Profiling
• AKC Museum of the Dog